Tuesday 3 February 2009

Lower body rigged!!

Spent the weekend on the skeleton and the lower body rig. Got the skeleton laid out using the reference curves, which worked a treat. Mirroring the joints however does not seem to mirror the orientation as well, which mainly means the arms may end up controlling differently. Before I do anything with them I want to see if I can sort this out.
I set up the reverse foot using single chain IK solvers, and they are all working, along with the extra attributes for the foot controller. (Heel lean, heel pivot, heel roll, toe roll, toe pivot and ball roll.) I decided as well for this rig I will leave the visibility option for the pole vector controls in the channel box, as making them dissapear on my last rig was unecissarily complicated because I had locked and hidden those attributes. I also got them parented to the hip control so they follow any rotations/movements of the torso.
The next step is to put the IK in the spine.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work Dave keep it up. The last few days have been a bit mad so lets try and communicate a bit more over these blogs, which we will both benefit from.
    The girl design is done and I'm doing the profile views tomorrow. Time is going by fast and on monday it'l be the start of the 5th week already, so you're going to have to work hard to get Willie done as close to then as possible because I can't afford to lose another week of animation time other wise it'll look sucky.

    ReplyDelete