Saturday 24 January 2009

Facial Modelling


(The attempt that worked!!)

(Creases in the face resulting from a model that has rough topology.)


This has been a lot trickier than I anticipated. As I have never modelled a face properly before it's been a bit of a process. My first attempt was modelled using the Stop Staring tutorial, whereupon the face is constructed entirely from the mouth outward with polygons. The issue this presented is severe difficulties with keeping the surface smooth, as you can see from my test render. Softening edges, converting to subdivision and smoothing did not sort it out.



So I made a second model, this time constructing the mouth from nurb circles to ensure a smooth finish, using the curves to adjust the surface. Then I converted the surface to polygons and attatched it to a polygon spehere with appropriate faces removed. This made for a far smoother model, as you can see in the other screen grabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment